Yoga Massage Level 1 Dates 2017
- Five day Course- Times: 9am-4:30pm except day 5 ends at 1pm)
- Option 1- May 29, 31, June 2, 5 & 7, 2017 (MWF format)
- Option 2 – June 3, 10, 17, 24 & 25, 2017 (Four Saturdays/one Sunday)
Please NOTE: The dates above are guaranteed but please know you are also welcome to schedule your own dates for groups of 2 or more.
Thai Yoga Massage Level 1 Course Description
$595 ($100 deposit). Tuition includes a 3-hour private class to practice and review what you have learned. You may schedule this review to up to one year after the class. 30 NCBTMB hrs.
Early-Bird Discount: Tuition for all three courses; Level 1-3 is only $1500 (save $ 285) if tuition for Level 1-4 is paid in full on the first day of Level 1.
In Level 1, students will establish a strong foundation for the practice of traditional Thai yoga massage. You will learn a 90-minute floor sequence including:
- How to Perform a one and one half hour Thai Yoga Massage
- Guiding Principles, History & Philosophy
- Touch Techniques Using Thumbs, Palms, Fingers, Knees, Feet, Forearms, and Elbows
- Safe Practitioner’s Body Mechanics to Prevent Injury for a Life Time of Practice
- Safe Stances, Rhythmic Rocking & Touch Techniques
- Proper Distance Intensity, Direction, and Flow.
- How to Perform a Basic Massage.
- Massage with Breath Awareness of Practitioner and Client
- Principles of Loving Kindness (Metta) and Meditation in Motion
- Introduction to Sen Energy Lines
- Safe, Effortless Transitions
- Contraindications and How to Adjust for Body Types
- How to Interview Interview, Evaluate & Retain Clients
- Before, During, and After Care
- Massage for Shoulders, Neck, Head, Face, Back, Arms, Hands, Legs, Abdomen, Feet, and Toes in Prone, Supine, and Seated Positions
- Step-by-Step Guided Practice with Dozens of Thai Yoga Massage Maneuvers
- Yoga Warm-ups & Meditative Awareness
- Take this Course Again for Free at Anytime Working as an Assistant to the Instructor
- 30 NCBTMB hours.
Yoga experience is helpful, but not required. If you have never received Thai Massage it is recommended that you schedule a private 90-minute Thai yoga massage to receive what you will be learning. Students who register for Level 1 qualify for a $50 discounted student rate of (save $40).
Yoga Massage Level 2 Course Dates 2017
Option 1- April 4, 6, 11, 13, and 14, 2017 (M-W-F format).
Option 2- June 13,14,15,16 & 19, 2017 (T-Th and on Mon).
Option 3- September 9, 16, 23, 30 & October 1, 2017. (Saturdays).
This is a Tuesday/ Thursday format with the last half day on Friday. Continuing students choose the dates or private instruction for Level 2 and 3. Anyone who has taken Level 1 is invited to enroll or assist the course. NCBTMB hrs.
Classes meet 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (last day ends at 1:00 p.m).
Tuition: $595 ($100 deposit) includes a 3-hour private review up to one year after the class.
Thai Yoga Massage Level 2
$595 ($100 deposit). Tuition includes a 3-hour private review up to one year after the class. 30 NCBTMB hrs.
This course includes 30 additional hours of instruction offered over 5 day. You’ll begin with a complete review of Level 1 and add an additional 90 minutes to your practice including effortless flips, seamless transitions, and essential Side-lying positions. During this course, you’ll also learn:
- Expanded Knowledge of Sen or Thai Energy Lines
- Side Positions for Pregnancy $ Clients for whom Supine Positions are Contraindicated
- Massage Customization for Different Body Types, Common Ailments, and how to Work with People of Different Shapes, Sizes, and Flexibility.
- Learn what Move to Delete or Emphasize
- 30 NCBTMB hours
Thai Yoga Massage Level 3 Course Dates
Option 1- January 6, 13, 20, 27 & 28, 2018 (Saturdays)
Dates are chosen by continuing students. 30 NCBTMB hrs. Level 3 and documented practice completes your TYM CERTIFICATION.
Tuition includes a 3-hour private review up to one year after the class.
Thai Yoga Massage Level 3 Tuition
Option 1 -July 17, 19, 21 24, &16, 2017 (M-W-F format).
The Thai yoga massage level three course is $595 with a $100 deposit. Your tuition includes a private class with the instructor, during which you will perform a massage and receive valuable feedback about your process. Those who have completed certification can receive reduced massages at $25. Some of the things you’ll learn include:
- Advanced Massage Techniques in the Supine, Prone, Side-Lying, and Seated Positions
- Expanded Thai Energy Lines and Touch Techniques
- Contraindications and Case Studies for Creating Individual Sessions
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- How to Identify Vata, Pitta, and Kapha Dosha Constitutional Types
- Yoga Asanas and Thai Massage According to Dosha
- Dinachariya, or Daily Regimen, for Dosha
- How to Work with Different Constitutions by Adjusting Pressure, Speed, and Technique
- Introductory Theoretical Underpinnings of Yoga and Ayurveda Sister Sciences
- Practical Application, Indications, and Protocols
- Key Marmani, or Marma Points, Used in Thai Massage, as well as How to Use Them in Side-Lying Supine, Prone, Side, and Seated Positions
- The Sen Sib or 10 Sen Lines of Traditional Thai Yoga Massage
- How to Locate the Lines from Anatomical Landmarks, as well as Intuit Their Pathways by Palming and Thumbing
- Prana Nadis, Subtle Anatomy, and the Koshas
Request more information about Anthony’s Thai yoga massage courses online, or come by his studio.